About Me

I am a 40-something year old computer analyst working in the world of the mainframe and the confines of the corporate machine.
My favorite things to do are:
Sports & PC games
I don't really have a favourite colour.
I am living common-law after being divorced. I have a son and two daughters, plus a step-daughter. All are gems in their own way.


Archives


archive index
home

Great Links

  • Google News


  • RIOT CS Clan

  • Who Links Here
    Xfire
  • Pass some time away

  • What is this?


  • Listed on BlogsCanada
    The Weblog Review
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Is my Blog HOT or NOT?




    Blogs I Read
    *New=updated in last 12 hrs.
    Listed on Blogwise

    Blogroll My Site!







    Credits

    base design by maystar
    powered by blogger

    design modified by Mega


    Bloggers of Ontario Unite!

    [ Prev 5 | Prev | Next | Next 5 | Random | List | Join ]

    spacer!
    One Canadian Voice
    Games, Politics, Religion, Life.
    Saturday, February 28, 2004

    Gay Rights


    Wow! I've been reading through some blogs I look at from time to time and came upon this hornet's nest about gay marriages. The discussion is passionate on both sides and I do not wish to debate it here. However, I will say that we should keep church and state (government) separate. The world has changed so much with so many transplanted people in different countries that a government cannot be everything to all of its citizens if they allow religion to enter into their thinking. Yes, I believe in the guidelines set out for us in the bible, however, I do not believe it is wholly the word of God. Man wrote it, whether it be now or millions of years ago and with that come the various versions of the scripture and its interpretation(s). Canada seems to have a higher tolerance of the differences found in all of us, but we are not free and clear of prejudice by any means. If we keep the teachings of some religions out of the picture, the right to gay and lesbians to be united in a form of marriage should not be hard to fathom. Allow the government to govern and sanctify, legitimize that partnership just as couples in a common-law relationship are given certain rights of "marriage". If there are churches that believe that their interpretation can allow a holy coupling then so be it. I live in a common-law relationship, with children between us. To some religions this is sin. So be it. I was told by a Catholic Priest that the important thing is that there is love between the two people when they enter into the act we know as sex. "If there is love", he said, "then God blesses it".
    The one thing about the bible that has always puzzled me (and I have read it cover to cover) are the many contradicting verses that are in its pages. That is why I called it a guideline earlier. It is not black and white as some would believe it is, and that's alright for them to have that belief.
    I don't read other people's blogs based on their beliefs. I read them because they are interesting and come from all different walks of life and beliefs. THAT is what makes the world an interesting place to be (and some will argue that is all that is wrong with the world too).


    posted at 2/28/2004 02:33:00 PM by Megadeath

    Comments: Post a Comment
    Skin design by may
    updates by Mega
    maystar design