About Me

I am a 40-something year old computer analyst working in the world of the mainframe and the confines of the corporate machine.
My favorite things to do are:
Sports & PC games
I don't really have a favourite colour.
I am living common-law after being divorced. I have a son and two daughters, plus a step-daughter. All are gems in their own way.


Archives


archive index
home

Great Links

  • Google News


  • RIOT CS Clan

  • Who Links Here
    Xfire
  • Pass some time away

  • What is this?


  • Listed on BlogsCanada
    The Weblog Review
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Is my Blog HOT or NOT?




    Blogs I Read
    *New=updated in last 12 hrs.
    Listed on Blogwise

    Blogroll My Site!







    Credits

    base design by maystar
    powered by blogger

    design modified by Mega


    Bloggers of Ontario Unite!

    [ Prev 5 | Prev | Next | Next 5 | Random | List | Join ]

    spacer!
    One Canadian Voice
    Games, Politics, Religion, Life.
    Sunday, March 21, 2004

    March Madness II 

    How the games change when you're in a pool! I watched quite a few games the past four days. A ton of good ones and a good number of upsets. After the first two days I was doing pretty well, then the weekend came. Two number ones gone, and one of the number ones I figured was weaker (St. Joe's) is still in it. My pool picks are destroyed. I had Kentucky winning it all but they're gone. They were supposed to be playing Stanford but they choked (again). Mississippi State got beat up in the second half, and Gonzaga turned over their yearly Cinderella story to a new Cinderella - Nevada.


    Last year I wasn't in any "money" pools, just the free ones online. I could easily root for the underdog without worrying about the money I had on the line. It was great cheering for the "little guy". This year I wanted Kentucky to win even though I don't like them. Was I secretly urging UAB to come up with the upset? Hush your tongue!
    The only teams left in the tournament that I would regularly cheer for is Syracuse and North Carolina. I've always called them one of my teams...along with Michigan and UCLA. Not because I have any great affiliation with any of them, it's just that growing up the only games we got to see were those teams in the ACC, Big Ten, Big East, and Pac 10. There would be an occasional "independent" game featuring Notre Dame or Depaul, but that doesn't happen anymore.


    So, in order to win be in the money for the pool I'm in, there's going to have to be some more upsets and no one else having my other 2 final four picks; OK State and Duke. If that is happening I just might get my money back (all ten dollars worth). I'm not holding my breath.


    posted at 3/21/2004 08:16:00 PM by Megadeath

    Comments: Post a Comment
    Skin design by may
    updates by Mega
    maystar design