About Me

I am a 40-something year old computer analyst working in the world of the mainframe and the confines of the corporate machine.
My favorite things to do are:
Sports & PC games
I don't really have a favourite colour.
I am living common-law after being divorced. I have a son and two daughters, plus a step-daughter. All are gems in their own way.


Archives


archive index
home

Great Links

  • Google News


  • RIOT CS Clan

  • Who Links Here
    Xfire
  • Pass some time away

  • What is this?


  • Listed on BlogsCanada
    The Weblog Review
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Is my Blog HOT or NOT?




    Blogs I Read
    *New=updated in last 12 hrs.
    Listed on Blogwise

    Blogroll My Site!







    Credits

    base design by maystar
    powered by blogger

    design modified by Mega


    Bloggers of Ontario Unite!

    [ Prev 5 | Prev | Next | Next 5 | Random | List | Join ]

    spacer!
    One Canadian Voice
    Games, Politics, Religion, Life.
    Monday, June 21, 2004

    The Weekend in Sports and Stuff 

    The weekend was relatively relaxing. I did the usual chores on Saturday and looked forward to a relaxing father's day at home.
    That would mean a little beer, watching sports, and spending time with the kids.
    I tuned into the US Open a few times and couldn't believe the love in they were having with Phil Mickelson. Saturday it began, but perhaps worse than that was following Tiger Woods around when he was out of contention and playing very poorly. There had to be some others in the top 10 of the leader board that could have been followed. The only thing of significance Tiger did on Saturday was hole his last shot for eagle. That's a highlight I don't mind seeing, but every T-shot spraying all over the course is not something I needed to see. I would have preferred seeing others whose shots were decent. And then on Sunday, Goosen and Mickelson had a good battle going. Once the 3-putt occurred, it was lights out.

    And what is all the complaining about how difficult the course was. Give me a break. Is it always supposed to be easy? It's the same for everyone. Goosen and Mickelson made shots, too bad for the rest. It's about time a course actually brought the pros to their knees. Suck it up.

    I took in some Euro 2004 soccer. There were some entertaining games. So far, the luckiest team has been France. The should have lost their two games (against England and Croatia). The team that came through with the most amount of pressure would have to be Portugal. Imagine the immense pressure they were feeling heading into the game against Spain. A team they haven't beaten for a long time and a must win. Now that the opening game jitters are over with I look to Portugal to carry on to the finals. Against who, I'm uncertain. If England can get through I'd be cheering for them, but somehow I think they will be eliminated.

    On Friday night I watched the hometown Tiger Cats beat the B.C. Lions with a gutsy performance. I wish I had seen more of it, but I was tending to my ever-increasingly frustrating computer, so I only got to see the B.C. comeback fall short. It was a good win, but the Ticats have a lot of work to do in the much improved Eastern Conference.

    posted at 6/21/2004 11:41:00 AM by Megadeath

    Comments: Post a Comment
    Skin design by may
    updates by Mega
    maystar design