About Me

I am a 40-something year old computer analyst working in the world of the mainframe and the confines of the corporate machine.
My favorite things to do are:
Sports & PC games
I don't really have a favourite colour.
I am living common-law after being divorced. I have a son and two daughters, plus a step-daughter. All are gems in their own way.


Archives


archive index
home

Great Links

  • Google News


  • RIOT CS Clan

  • Who Links Here
    Xfire
  • Pass some time away

  • What is this?


  • Listed on BlogsCanada
    The Weblog Review
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Is my Blog HOT or NOT?




    Blogs I Read
    *New=updated in last 12 hrs.
    Listed on Blogwise

    Blogroll My Site!







    Credits

    base design by maystar
    powered by blogger

    design modified by Mega


    Bloggers of Ontario Unite!

    [ Prev 5 | Prev | Next | Next 5 | Random | List | Join ]

    spacer!
    One Canadian Voice
    Games, Politics, Religion, Life.
    Wednesday, August 04, 2004

    Today's Crap 

    Got to bed a little late last night...no particular reason. I was up a good portion of the night with some heartburn and stomach upset. Yeah, yeah, poor baby. Anyway, the alarm goes off, and I don't move. I decide I need the extra hour and I'll work from home.

    I get up and send the email to let my cohorts (who mostly couldn't care less) know that I will be home and how they can contact me. Cool.

    No! Boss lady has a burr up her posterior this morning! She emails me "Why didn't I know about this?" (Because you don't need to know if all the onsite work is covered...as per discussions when working from home.) "There is a meeting scheduled that I wanted to introduce you to have you take over as project leader." (So what, you can't do that over a conference call? I know everyone involved in the project personally, except one.)

    So I respond diplomatically that all is well and that I can conference into the meeting (I kinda forgot about it, but the scheduling of the meeting included a toll free conference number. One would guess that attendance physically is optional.) I also say if she thinks it is imperative that I be there, I can. -- She figures it's imperative. FINE!

    Off I go to work...pissed off of course. So I get there, and everyone is asking why I'm there, when I sent an email saying I'd be working from home. I'm nice. Didn't say what I really wanted to say. So I say, "Forgot I had a meeting. C'est la vie." What I'd really like to have said is, "Control freak biatch wanted me in for a useless one hour meeting to show me how she takes minutes for it as a "project manager"".

    After the one hour useless meeting, she says to me, "And that is what I do for this project." I thinks to myself, "Cool, you take minutes". She says, "I don't think I'll have time to do it with taking on the new people because of the reorg." GIVE ME A BREAK! You're dumping it because you can and using this as an excuse. Folks, there are a total of 6 people coming over to our department. Now if I add up the time that she already spends for every person in our department and divide by the same number of people, and then multiply that number by the 6 people (are you following?) I come up with 6. Yes, an additional six minutes a day on average. Now, if I were to include the time she spends talking about her kids, her vacation, and her family life, that would be about 18 HOURS! Okay, I'm exaggerating, but it's a helluva lot more time than she spends doing people management.

    Okay, I'm done.



    posted at 8/04/2004 10:10:00 PM by Megadeath

    Comments: Post a Comment
    Skin design by may
    updates by Mega
    maystar design