About Me

I am a 40-something year old computer analyst working in the world of the mainframe and the confines of the corporate machine.
My favorite things to do are:
Sports & PC games
I don't really have a favourite colour.
I am living common-law after being divorced. I have a son and two daughters, plus a step-daughter. All are gems in their own way.


Archives


archive index
home

Great Links

  • Google News


  • RIOT CS Clan

  • Who Links Here
    Xfire
  • Pass some time away

  • What is this?


  • Listed on BlogsCanada
    The Weblog Review
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Is my Blog HOT or NOT?




    Blogs I Read
    *New=updated in last 12 hrs.
    Listed on Blogwise

    Blogroll My Site!







    Credits

    base design by maystar
    powered by blogger

    design modified by Mega


    Bloggers of Ontario Unite!

    [ Prev 5 | Prev | Next | Next 5 | Random | List | Join ]

    spacer!
    One Canadian Voice
    Games, Politics, Religion, Life.
    Wednesday, November 10, 2004

    Makes you wonder. 

    This morning was really no different than most. The alarm went off, I turned it off and rolled over. Half an hour later, I'm in hyper mode getting ready for work and getting out the door. My usual hour plus drive in was better than a lot of days. I took the same route as always and parked in the same spot in the parking garage as (almost) always.
    The difference this morning was once I got to work and parked. I get out. Make sure I have my keys (usually more than once). Close the door. Go around to the other side to get my lunch and laptop. Check my keys again. Check to see that all doors are locked, while holding on to my keys. Ok, so I'm a little paranoid about locking my keys in my car, but let's face it, it would be a royal pain to have to get someone to retrieve them if I did.
    As I shut the door, something caught my eye. There on the back of the car, resting on the fin was my digital camera! Now, I didn't put it there...Guess who did? Not a difficult "mystery" to put together. Anyway, that's not the real mystery. The real mystery: How in the H-E-double hockey sticks (that's HELL for those that can't grasp the concept of a hockey stick looking somewhat like an L) did the camera ever stay on the back of the car for over an hour commute?! It wasn't in a case, just "metal" on "metal". Taking corners as fast as ever, driving as fast as ever, and stopping as fast as ever. Not a soul honked, pointed, or tried to draw my attention to it. You get more attention when your gas cap flap is left open. Maybe they thought I was trying to photograph my drive in to work...Or maybe I didn't hear or see them.

    I think I should get a lottery ticket.

    posted at 11/10/2004 01:11:00 PM by Megadeath

    Comments:
    Pretty lucky. No damage to car or camera? Yes, buy the lottery ticket. And the fact that no one tried to let you know shows what a bunch of mindless drones commuters are. ;)
     
    Post a Comment
    Skin design by may
    updates by Mega
    maystar design