About Me

I am a 40-something year old computer analyst working in the world of the mainframe and the confines of the corporate machine.
My favorite things to do are:
Sports & PC games
I don't really have a favourite colour.
I am living common-law after being divorced. I have a son and two daughters, plus a step-daughter. All are gems in their own way.


Archives


archive index
home

Great Links

  • Google News


  • RIOT CS Clan

  • Who Links Here
    Xfire
  • Pass some time away

  • What is this?


  • Listed on BlogsCanada
    The Weblog Review
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Is my Blog HOT or NOT?




    Blogs I Read
    *New=updated in last 12 hrs.
    Listed on Blogwise

    Blogroll My Site!







    Credits

    base design by maystar
    powered by blogger

    design modified by Mega


    Bloggers of Ontario Unite!

    [ Prev 5 | Prev | Next | Next 5 | Random | List | Join ]

    spacer!
    One Canadian Voice
    Games, Politics, Religion, Life.
    Wednesday, January 18, 2006

    OTR - Changes 

    Recently, one of my favourite shows, Off The Record (OTR) has undergone some changes. The show is (was?) essentially a sports opinion show where a daily changing panel of "celebs" discuss current events and trends within the sports world. There are many times when you will get some heated discussions (disagreements) on some issues. For anyone who has watched it over the years, some of the best moments have been when two of the panelists are in strong opposition with one another. Now, whether contrived or genuine, it makes for some good TV. Anyway, the "celebs" are typically current athletes that are passing through Toronto, or former athletes, or authors, musicians, actors, or politicians. For the most part, they are recognizable by name, if not by face.

    The first change I refer to is adding a piece at the beginning of the 30 minute show that is essentially an interview with a current sports figure. It is called "Up Front with ...". TSN takes the interview and uses the audio as a podcast on their site. Now, from time to time, there are some good ones. But for the most part, it is TV I'd rather not be watching. Save it for the interview within a sportscast or some other sports interview show. It's usually boring. Sure, advertise that there is a new podcast on the website with "so-and-so", but don't eat up valuable minutes of the real format of the show - the panel.
    The second change they have done is added a piece at the end I think they call "Next Question". This is where they take one of the panelists or the person they were talking with in "Up Front", and asks them pointed questions and some fun questions. The fun questions are usually about naming names of players they least like or who was the worst at something. Some are pretty funny. This, I can live with.
    So, TSN, forget the podcast portion, and give us more panel time. Keep the last question portion from time to time. You already had a winner. The only thing the change has done for me is give me an extra 5 minutes or so to finish my dinner before I head downstairs at 6 to watch "my show".


    posted at 1/18/2006 12:42:00 PM by Megadeath

    Comments: Post a Comment
    Skin design by may
    updates by Mega
    maystar design