About Me

I am a 40-something year old computer analyst working in the world of the mainframe and the confines of the corporate machine.
My favorite things to do are:
Sports & PC games
I don't really have a favourite colour.
I am living common-law after being divorced. I have a son and two daughters, plus a step-daughter. All are gems in their own way.


Archives


archive index
home

Great Links

  • Google News


  • RIOT CS Clan

  • Who Links Here
    Xfire
  • Pass some time away

  • What is this?


  • Listed on BlogsCanada
    The Weblog Review
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Is my Blog HOT or NOT?




    Blogs I Read
    *New=updated in last 12 hrs.
    Listed on Blogwise

    Blogroll My Site!







    Credits

    base design by maystar
    powered by blogger

    design modified by Mega


    Bloggers of Ontario Unite!

    [ Prev 5 | Prev | Next | Next 5 | Random | List | Join ]

    spacer!
    One Canadian Voice
    Games, Politics, Religion, Life.
    Monday, May 08, 2006

    Tomb Raider - Legend 


    I picked up this game for the PC a few days ago. I've never been a big Lara Croft fan, but thought I'd give it a go. I played the first Tomb Raider many years ago. It wasn't my thing then, so I never did complete it. Since playing some other puzzle type games, like Prince of Persia, I had some new found interest in this particular game.
    First off, Lara isn't Angelina Jolie in this. If it's supposed to be, it could have been done better. I never did see the movie, so I had no preconcieved notions of how the story should go. Maybe that was a blessing.
    The game starts off with Lara climbing a cliff face without any safety harness. Typical of what Lara is portrayed as being, a thrill seeker without boundaries.
    As you proceed through the game it becomes pretty apparent that the real focus in development was the eye candy. The gameplay is below average, and the AI is a joke. You can shoot the enemy a couple of times before they even react to you. There are times you can attract enemy fire, circle around and they're still firing and throwing grenades where you used to be.
    The puzzles are almost all very simple. Moving boxes, or pulling ropes, or shooting something to trigger a mechanism. Not terribly challenging, or time consuming to figure out. The real push with this game was the graphics or "next generation". I don't possess the necessary card or machine to turn all of this on, so I can't comment too much on it. However, even with things set at the high end, without "next generation" the eye candy was sweet. Exoctic and enchanting places to visit. There just wasn't enough of them. There were only eight chapters in the game. All were relatively short in duration. To be blunt, I was disappointed with the gameplay.
    The storyline was decent enough, and the ending leaves things wide open for the next adventure. I'd have to give this game a passing grade only because of the cut scenes and graphics. Otherwise, it's a very average game and far too short.

    posted at 5/08/2006 09:05:00 PM by Megadeath

    Comments: Post a Comment
    Skin design by may
    updates by Mega
    maystar design